Thursday, November 09, 2006

Cold Turkey on TV!!!

I have decided to go completely cold turkey on TV. There is seriously no need for me to watch any television. I spend most of my day at work where every morning I check to see what is going on in the world. Local news has gotten to a point where it is more annoying than informative. They put too much attention on the weather, and living in Arizona, it is either Cool, Hot, or Very Hot, that is our weather. I have decided that I can do everything and more on my computer. I can quickly access the news from various sources, get completely different points of views from around the world. I can also access various meteorlogical websites and learn about how nice we have it weather wise here.

There are too many channels now on TV that it has become a waste of money to pay for all of them when you only watch a fraction of them. In my opinion, with so much programming the quality of shows has significantly gone down. There are a couple of great shows that appear here and there but for those its great the the internet is around. With the internet and high speed connections, it is possible to access any show. You can also purchase DVDs of series and watch them on your computer.

I have decided that I will not watch TV for a month, I will try to see if I can do it and document how things go for me and if I break my goal. We'll have to see what happens.

No comments: